Dated: May 1, 2022
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
a. Information You Provide
We may collect the following personal information about you that you choose to provide us when you use our Site:
- Account Information: Upon creating an account on the Site, we may collect your contact and account registration information such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, and account username.
- Contact Correspondence: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Contact Information: When you communicate with us through our Site, we may collect your contact information including your first and last name, email address, and phone number. In addition, we may collect any other personal information that you choose to provide in the content of any messages you send to us.
- Social Media Use: We may receive personal information that we collect from your interaction with our social media pages.
- Comments: Certain aspects of the Site may allow you to post or otherwise submit comments, photos, videos, graphics, information, posts, and other content to the Site. Upon submission, all such content may become publicly available and may be viewed, read, collected, or used by others, outside of our control, including any geo-location, tags, or other metadata in such submissions
- Reviews and Forums: We collect any personal information that you provide to us in publicly available comments, reviews, testimonials, and other similar forums.
b. Information from Use of the Services
c. Data about Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information through the Services from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided through the Services from children under the age of 13.
d. Information Collected Using Cookies
e. Information on Online Activities
We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps, and other online features and services. For example, we use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your personal information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. If you request certain information from us, we will use your personal information to process and respond to your request.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your personal information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Services, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Services; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Services; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our business.
- Promotions: We use Traffic Data and other personal information to let you know about offers, products, and services that we think may be of interest to you, including through direct mail, email, on our Services, and on third party sites.
- Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your personal information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with individuals or companies that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide those services.
- Business Partners: We may share information with third party marketing companies and advertising partners, who may use the information to deliver advertisements about our products and about third-party products that may be of interest to you by mail, email, on this website, or on other websites.
- Legal Requirements: We use and disclose personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Comments and Forums: If you provide personal information through the Services in comments to a blog or in a testimonial, this information will be publicly available to anyone using the Services.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER PASSIVE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate the Services, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Services through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the devices you use to access the Products.
- Using Monitoring Tools: Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”) to better tailor the Services in order to provide a better service. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has used or accessed our Services. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. To disable cookies used on our Services, and therefore any other tracking technologies that work in conjunction with these cookies, please follow the instructions below.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user uses or accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the personal information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no network, server, database, or Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Gamer Digest is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. You also agree that Gamer Digest shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
6. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY OTHERS
7. DATA RETENTION
We generally retain personal information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your personal information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
8. WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
Gamer Digest is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information in and to the United States. The laws of the United States governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
9. COMMENTS AND USER CONTENT
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Opt Out From Direct Electronic Communications. We may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by following the instructions in the message that you receive, or by contacting us as set forth below, indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive. Note that if you are a user we may still send certain administrative messages to you by email. Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Gamer Digest or using the Services, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
Additional Opt Out Rights. You may opt out of having your directly identifiable personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to us through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, or e-mail, prospectively retained by us, used by us for secondary purposes, or disclosed by us to third parties, by contacting us as set forth below and including your name and physical address. Please note that certain exceptions to this opt-out right may apply where permitted by applicable law, including where we are unable to verify your identity, where personal information is necessary to obtain the services you have requested, or where personal information must be retained to comply with applicable law or legal process.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please contact us as set forth herein.
13. CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE’S INFORMATION
You must be at least 18 years old or older to use our Site. The Site is intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information under age 18 through the Site.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US