The Sea of Thieves 2.7.1 patch notes for December 15, 2022, includes the new seasonal event, Festival of Giving, and core gameplay updates.
Ahoy, maties–we’re here to bring you updated news on Sea of Thieves Season 8. The developer of Sea of Thieves, Rare, consistently pushes out updated content for this game, and this patch is no different. Here’s what you need to know.
Sea of Thieves Patch Notes (December 15)
The Sea of Thieves patch notes for December 15, 2022, include the following:
Festival of Giving
On December 16, 2022, at 6:15 p.m. UTC / 1:15 p.m. ET, Sea of Thieves will kick off their Livestream for their Festival of Giving Holiday Event on their Official Twitch Channel.
In addition, there will be Twitch Drops for in-game cosmetics that you can earn by watching your favorite Sea of Thieves streamers. To get the drops, you’ll need to create a Sea of Thieves account on their website, then watch applicable streamers on Twitch between December 19, 2022, to January 2, 2023.
During the stream, the developers will celebrate with the community and turn on the in-game decorations live stream. In addition, each gamer will gain access to Your Story So Far, a yearly recap of what you did in the game.
Learn more about the Festival of Giving on the Sea of Thieves Blog.
Major gameplay enhancements include Blunderbomb balancing and barrels floating on the surface, which should make collecting them easier. Other changes include the following:
- Blunderbombs fired from a cannon now have a reduced area of effect range when exploding, and players caught in the blast will no longer be propelled so far into the air, preventing them from being so easily sent overboard.
- Blunderbombs fired from a cannon to hit a ship’s hull now deal reduced damage to players caught in the blast inside the ship.
- Blunderbombs are discovered less frequently in island barrels, and fewer are collected at once.
- Captains restocking at the shipwright will find the throwables supply now contains fewer throwables and has been reduced in price accordingly.
- The number of throwables found during the ‘Captains of the Damned’ Tall Tale has been significantly reduced.
- Crates found during the ‘Dark Brethren’ Tall Tale now contain fewer Blunderbombs.
- When a ship sinks, the resources held within its barrels float to the surface. Sinking another ship offers simpler restocking options after a battle while also giving crews who sink due to emergent encounters a chance to retrieve their hard-earned supplies!
The Season 8 Plunder Pass is still available, and players who built up their Renown will automatically unlock the rewards they would have reached in the season.
The following items make their way to the shop:
- Soaring Oracle Ship Collection
- Soaring Oracle Costume
- Soaring Oracle Weapons
- Soaring Oracle Banjo
- Boreal Aurora Ship Collection
- Gold Curse Inu
- Rare Goods Trinket Bundle
- Nautical Dance Emote Bundle
- Freebie Tree Decorator Emote
- Time-Limited Bonechiller Costume
- Time-Limited Festival of Giving Collection
- Seer’s Gear Bundle (Store Only)
- Pirate Emporium Holiday Sale
There are far too many patch notes to include here, so head to the Sea of Thieves blog to get all the details.
For more patch notes on your favorite games, bookmark our News Section.