We’re here to help you out with today’s Wordscapes January 8 2023 daily puzzle answers. Today’s puzzle has a total of 17 words, derived from 6 letters: C, I, O, R, E, H. Check out the answers below if you need any help.
We complete and post the daily puzzle every day, so check back later if you ever need help during your Wordscapes adventure. Bookmark our Wordscapes section if you ever need help with any future daily puzzles.
Wordscapes Daily Puzzle Answers January 8 2023
The answers to the Wordscapes daily puzzle on January 8 2023 are:
Wordscapes January 8 2023 Daily Puzzle Definitions
- HER - used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a female person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified
- ICE - internal combustion engine.
- ORE - a naturally occurring solid material from which a metal or valuable mineral can be profitably extracted
- CHI - the twenty-second letter of the Greek alphabet (Χ, χ), transliterated in the traditional Latin style as ‘ch’ (as in Christ) or in the modern style as ‘kh’ (as in Khaniá and in the etymologies of this dictionary).
- HOE - a long-handled gardening tool with a thin metal blade, used mainly for weeding and breaking up soil
- IRE - anger
- CORE - the tough central part of various fruits, containing the seeds
- ECHO - a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener
- HERO - a priestess of Aphrodite at Sestos on the European shore of the Hellespont, whose lover Leander, a youth of Abydos on the opposite shore, swam the strait nightly to visit her. One stormy night he was drowned and Hero in grief threw herself into the sea.
- HIRE - employ (someone) for wages
- RICE - a swamp grass which is widely cultivated as a source of food, especially in Asia.
- RICH - having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy
- HEIR - a person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death
- CHOIR - an organized group of singers, typically one that takes part in church services or performs regularly in public
- CHORE - a routine task, especially a household one
- OCHRE - an earthy pigment containing ferric oxide, typically with clay, varying from light yellow to brown or red
- HEROIC - having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave
Definitions via Oxford Languages.