Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios shared that the latest entry into the zombie-slaying franchise, Dead Island 2, has sold over 1 million copies following its launch on Friday, April 21. That’s a lot of zombie slayers visiting HELL-A and tearing up the undead.
Some other interesting stats about Dead Island 2 include:
- Over 1 million copies of Dead Island 2 sold during its first weekend
- 11 million total hours played
- 28 million player deaths (over twice the population of Los Angeles)
- 45 million zombies sliced in half
- 756 million zombie limbs hacked off
- 1.1 billion total number of zombies slayed
If this game flew under your radar, you can check out the Dead Island 2 launch trailer in 4K here.
Here’s a description of the game via the Epic Games Store:
Los Angeles is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Only you, and the handful of others who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, holds the future of the city (and humanity), in the balance.
Dead Island 2 is stylish, vibrant and flooded with zombie infection. Explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer!