Diablo Immortal is back at it again with another update. Easily the largest update we’ve seen post-launch, players will finally get to experience the Class Change mechanic, a new raid boss, new events, and a swathe of new legendary items. Some other great news for free-to-play players is that it will be possible to craft one random Legendary Gem per week using Fading Embers, thanks to the new cap. You can review the full Diablo Immortal patch notes for the July 20 update below.
We’ve also got a few changes regarding two Legendary gems, monster affixes, and Warband raid rewards. Collectors can also look forward to a new cosmetic set available at the in-game shop.
Diablo Immortal Patch Notes (July 20)
The Diablo Immortal patch notes for the July 20 update include:
- Class Change
- Hero’s Journey
- Adventurer’s Path Limited-time Event
- New Helliquary Boss
- Hungering Moon
- Amber Blades Cosmetic Set
- Feature Updates
- New Legendary Items
As covered previously, Class Change is officially dropping in tomorrow’s patch. Players can freely swap between classes for free once per week and revert to the previous class for free. There are a few rules to Class Change:
- Class Change becomes available for a character beginning at level 35.
- You may change your class once every seven days and at no cost—there is also a one-time option to immediately revert to your previous class, skipping the seven-day waiting period. There are no current plans to allow players to purchase the ability to change classes more frequently.
- When you change to each class for the first time, you can set the appearance of your character and receive a full reset of your Paragon Trees.
- Upon changing to each class for the first time, you will be granted placeholder gear. The placeholder gear will have an equivalent rank to the previously equipped gear of your last class.
- All Clan, Warband and other social group affiliations will carry over.
- Some class-specific cosmetics and gear will not carry over when you change classes. All gear equipped to your previous class will be available in your inventory. Any cosmetics owned for a class will be retained on that class and will be available upon changing back to it.
Hero’s Journey is a new set of tasks found in the Codex under the Achievements section. It’s designed to be an end-game experience that unlocks during the Frozen Tundra main questline. There’s a wide range of objectives and various rewards to be gained, including gold, Platinum, Aspirant’s Keys, Legendary Crests, and the Glorious Journey Portrait Frame.
Adventurer’s Path Limited-Time Event
A new event is also heading our way in the next patch. From July 20 to August 3 at 3 a.m. Server Time, players can complete Adventurer’s Path tasks to earn gold, dust, scraps, and more. Completing eight tasks gives 10 Aspirant’s keys, 16 gives the Adventurer’s Laurel Portrait, and 20 rewards one Legendary crest.
New Helliquary Boss
A brand new Helliquary boss is dropping yet again. Following up Vitaath’s release earlier this month, Gorgothra the Claimer is making its way into the Sanctuary on August 2. See if you have what it takes to slay her and seal her power. The third Wrathborne demon has petrification, venom, and serpentine strikes.
Hungering Moon is also making a comeback for a second time. Those who missed out on the previous event have another chance. Players can complete objectives to earn Moonslivers which can be traded for Blessings. Collect all the blessings and claim a bundle with a Legendary Crest and more.
Amber Blades Cosmetic Set
A new cosmetic set is making its way to the in-game shop. The Amber Blades are a desert gang aiming to control Shassar. The Shassar-themed Amber Blades cosmetics will be available to purchase via the in-game shop after the update.
- Warband Raids: Completing a weekly Warband Raid will now allow you to purchase an Eternal Legendary Crest for 1600 Platinum from the Crest Merchant in Westmarch, Jondo Mouren.
- Fading Ember: The Fading Ember cap has been increased from 200 to 280. You may now trade 22 Fa Runes for an Eternal Legendary Crest.
- New Monster Affixes: Shell summons a defensive shield, preventing life loss until destroyed. Siphon channels a draining beam at one target that slows and leeches life to heal for five seconds.
- Zwenson’s Haunting: Changed the ability description to read: When you defeat an enemy, a dark beast attacks nearby enemies, dealing X% base damage. Cannot occur more than once every X seconds.
- Blood-Soaked Jade: Changed the ability description to read: Increases all damage you deal by up to X% while at full Life, with a minimum bonus of Y% while at low Life. Increases your Movement Speed by Z%.
New Legendary Items in Diablo Immortal
- Compromise is Loss: Ground Stomp now rips open the ground, dealing damage to enemies in front of you. Maximum X charges.
- Doom of the Cowed: Activating Wrath of the Berserker now immediately reduces the Movement Speed of all nearby enemies by X%.
- Five Fresh Claws: Whirlwind now shreds armor, increasing all damage enemies take by X%, stacking up to five times.
- Lunatic Twin: When Frenzy is fully stacked, each attack unleashes X damage to all enemies in front of you. Cannot occur more often than once every Y seconds.
- Paste and Powder: Hammer of the Ancients now randomly drops hammers in the targeted area multiple times.
- The Trembling: Undying Rage also increases your Movement Speed by X%.
- Forgotten Savior: Falling Sword now calls flames from the heavens that Burn enemies.
- Torrential Refrain: Condemn now immediately detonates all of its damage on the enemies it hits.
- Daybreak: Consecration now protects you and nearby party members, decreasing damage taken by X%.
- Equal Portions: Sacred Chain no longer constrains enemies, instead forming a chain of flames between enemies which Burns other enemies that touch it.
- Stare of Wroth: Shield Glare now Burns enemies for X damage over Y seconds.
- Heaven Squints: Judgment now conjures a continuous beam of light from the heavens which moves under your control.
- Demon Hunter
- Hunter-Gatherer: Escape now launches X homing rockets at nearby enemies when activated, each dealing Y damage.
- Murdermost: Vengeance now increases your critical strike chance by X% but causes you to lose Y% of your Life every second.
- Pinpoint Overflow: Multishot now fires all arrows in a targeted direction and can strike the same enemy multiple times.
- Puncta Obscura: Impale now also causes enemies to Bleed for X damage over Y seconds.
- Scrapdacks: Knife Trap now scatters multiple mines that will explode when stepped on, but it can no longer have multiple charges.
- Suit Mordant: Smoke Screen now hurls an acid bomb that damages enemies continuously.
- Endless Trial: Imprisoned Fist now continuously launches punches in a direction you can change while channeling. Using Imprisoned Fist will slowly consume its energy, which will recover while Imprisoned Fist is not in use.
- Numb Realization: Exploding Palm Bleed effect now has a X% chance to be detonated by other attacks.
- Pugilist’s Presence: Seven-Sided Strike now attacks repeatedly in the same direction, knocking back the enemy each time.
- Rattling Arm: Wave Strike turns into a pneumatic ball that pulls in and continuously damages enemies.
- Starving Mosquito: Flying Dragon damage increased by X% for each enemy hit, up to a maximum increase of Y%.
- Typhlot Robe: Cyclone Strike now creates a sandstorm that reduces enemy vision and deals damage.
- Arc of Misery: Bone Spirits now bounces whenever it hits a wall.
- Cloak of Quills: Bone Armor now causes your summons to continuously damage nearby enemies, but no longer protects them.
- Hissing Skin: Grim Scythe now increases all damage you deal by X% for each enemy hit, up to Y%, for Z seconds.
- Shared Service: Bone Armor now reduces all continuous damage you take by X%.
- Studied Menace: Corpse Lance now causes enemies to decay, dealing X damage for Y seconds.
- Vesperguard: Skeletal Mage now shoots continuous rays at enemies.
- The Aimless One: Arcane Torrent now launches missiles at random enemies around you.
- The Enervators: Ray of Frost now creates an ice shield each time it damages an enemy, absorbing X damage and stacking up to 10 times.
- Fireflurry: Scorch now hurls a ball of magma that bursts when it strikes an enemy, creating a pool of magma that Burns and Stuns enemies.
- Ninety-Nine Wild Arcana: Arcane Torrent damage increased by X%.
- Waking Invocation: Ray of Frost now creates an illusion that channels a beam of frost in the targeted direction.
- Weathering Eye: Arcane Wind now also applies a X% reduction to Movement Speed for Y seconds.
Diablo Immortal patch notes for the July 20 update via Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo Immortal blog post.
For more content and news, stay tuned to our Diablo Immortal section.