Dinkum is a fun, social-simulation game where you slowly build up a town and survive in the Australian Outback. If you’ve started playing, you already know that you’ll need to unlock various materials to build up your house and town. One of the earliest items you’ll need to use is a Hardwood Plank, which leads to the question of how to get a Harwood Plank in Dinkum.
How to Get Hardwood Plank in Dinkum
Here’s how to get a Hardwood Plank in Dinkum:
- Visit Fletch and get your Logging License for 250 Permit Points.
- Visit John and buy a Basic Axe for 1000 Dinks.
- Walk around to find a Bottle Tree. They are usually found in dark green areas on your minimap and have a round, fat base and smaller top.
- Purchase a Table Saw from John. You can buy one for 5,200 Dinks.
- Equip the Table Saw in your toolbar and place it on the ground with left click.
- Place your Bottle Tree Wood in your toolbar and left click in front of the Table Saw.
- Wait 2 seconds for the saw to cut the log into a Hardwood Plank.
Unlike a Gum or Palm Trees, where the type of plank they produce is obvious, Hardwood Planks are made by chopping down Bottle Trees and then using the Sawmill to saw the Bottle Tree Wood into Hardwood Planks. Now you know how to get Hardwood Planks in Dinkum!
Hitting Hardwood Trees for Hardwood Planks
If you’ve got your Level 2 Logging Licence and have a Copper Axe or higher, you’ll be able to cut down Hardwood Trees. These are tall, dark brown Trees that can be found throughout the map, but specifically in the Forest biomes. This is an alternative, but you won’t be able to do this with a basic axe.
And there you have it! You should now be able to get all the Hardwood Planks you need in your Dinkum game. You may have thought that maybe you didn’t unlock Hardwood Planks or that your axe wasn’t a high enough level, but that’s not the case. A lot of time in Dinkum, you need to test things out to see the results, which is one of the reasons we love the game so much.
For more Dinkum guides, check out our Dinkum Section.