In The Quarry, collectible Tarot cards help you throughout the game. They are especially beneficial during your first few playthroughs, as you may not know what’s coming next. While usually pretty cryptic, Tarot cards allow you to briefly glimpse into the future, which can help you make the right decisions. Read on for all of The Quarry Tarot card locations in the game.
There are 22 total Tarot cards in The Quarry. Each chapter has at least 1 Tarot card in it. If you find a tarot card throughout your playthrough, the hag, Eliza, will show you a quick video clip in the next chapter. Usually, it’s blurry and somewhat hard to see, but it can give clues as to what decisions to make in the game.
The Quarry Tarot Card Locations
Here are all The Quarry Tarot card locations:
- The Fool – In the Prologue, find The Fool on the left path at the fork in the woods when controlling Laura.
- Temperance – In Chapter 1, locate Temperance in the kitchen once Jacob comes through the lodge window. Skip looting bags.
- The Hanged Man – In Chapter 2, take the Rocky Road route when you reach the fork.
- The Tower – In Chapter 3, take the left path with Abigail to find The Tower in a tree.
- The Star – In Chapter 3, as Jacob, head toward the canoes.
- The Magician – In Chapter 4, as Emma, walk to the very end of the dock to find The Magician.
- Strength – In Chapter 4, during the cutscene, when the group is helping Nick into the lodge, press the button quickly to get the card.
- The Devil – In Chapter 5, as Dylan, walk to the large tree in the center of the cabins. Do this before going to the radio station.
- The Hermit – In Chapter 5, pass the radio station to the left while controlling Dylan.
- Justice – In Chapter 6, take the wooden walkway to the descending stairs and walk to the left as Jacob.
- The Moon – In Chapter 6, find the card in the bathroom’s center stall while playing as Abi.
- The World – In Chapter 7, as Laura, walk towards the locked bars in her cell to find The World card under the bed.
- The Chariot – In Chapter 7, stand in the center of the desks in the main office when exploring the station as Laura.
- The Lovers – In Chapter 8, find the card on the balcony to the left after the cutscene of the railing falling away while playing Laura.
- Wheel of Fortune – In Chapter 8, locate the card in the small tunnel Laura discovers after removing the boards.
- The Empress – In Chapter 8, as Ryan, walk to the room on your left to get The Empress.
- The Emporer – In Chapter 8, walk back down the path as Ryan and find the card next to the barrels against the wall.
- Death – In Chapter 9, as Ryan, walk toward the left of the bed in the room. Skip looting before getting the card.
- The Sun – In Chapter 9, as Laura in the Hackett House, go upstairs in the left room to find the card.
- Judgement – In Chapter 9, as Dylan, walk left and up the staircase to the top of the shipping containers to find Judgement.
- The Hierophant – In Chapter 9, as Abigail, walk towards the stairs to find the card.
- The High Priestess – In Chapter 10, as Kaitlyn, walk up into the attic and head towards the windows to find this card.
The Fool – The Fool… I wonder who this is? We all know a fool when we see one. Don’t we? Innocence and freedom? Or recklessness and risk-taking? Spontaneity… Actions without thought, but the consequences to match. Think. Think and don’t get burnt.
Temperance. To be balanced, to consume in moderation. Or to indulge in excess. Temperance. Take it or leave it… but remember sometimes, with temperance, comes deferred gratification.
The Hanged Man
The Hanged Man! To be the hanged man is to surrender… and by doing so gain a new perspective. So look carefully, and consider that sometimes, one needs to be strung up, in order to let go.
Jump free of your troubles. Fight or flight. That’s the question we all ask ourselves… but often when leaping out of danger, we’re still faced with certain peril. Watch your step, it could be your last.
Oh, it’s The Star. Stars. In the night sky. Beacons of light. Dreams of hope, purpose… or a reminder of our insignificance, fear of despair. Trust in the light of the star, with it comes clarity, and sometimes proof.
The Magician! The incredible, the unbelievable, the mystical, sensational!… Perceptive manipulation – the work of a magician. Now you see it. Now you don’t. Blink and you miss it. And you wouldn’t want to miss it.
Strength can be surprising. Knowing one’s own raw power. Tapping into a previously unknown energy. I suppose there are forces at work within us all… and with one hand it gives, and with the other it could rip away.
The Devil. Without restriction, like a shadow torn from one’s corporeal form. Pay close attention and act before the demon’s unleashed. Each of us have one, even those who are pure of heart and say their prayers by night.
Here we have The Hermit. With the hermit comes isolation, loneliness… but reflection, too. Perhaps, given some thought, the hermit who gives chase can guide you to safety. But that all depends on your actions, not his.
An eye for an eye. Not exactly, in some cases… but cause and effect. Actions and consequences. There’s a balance to everything, and we all play a part in making sure the scales aren’t tipped.
The Moon. How poignant. Tonight of all nights. To harness your fear and anxiety…. and turn them into tuition. If you can do this, and plan ahead – your cunning might just save your life.
Ah, The World… Often travelers’ paths are direct. But sometimes, it is not so simple. Sometimes they’re intertwined with others. Compassion over anger. You’ll need friends where you’re going. It is not until we fall into the belly of the beast that we realize how perilous things can be.
The Chariot! At the reins of a chariot, we would all feel safer. Taking control, relying on determination to make our choices. Valiant… but in some cases foolish. Many seek refuge in chariots, but perhaps, in some cases, they’re not as safe as we think they are.
The Lovers – The Lovers. There’s harmony in disagreement, brought to light only by sparks of passion. Blood flows from the heart. You can almost taste it. And tasting it could save someone’s life.
Wheel of Fortune
The Wheel of Fortune. After all, fortune is nothing but a spinning wheel. Sometimes you have to take a chance. Karma works in mysterious ways, but it favors those who pay attention. Watch closely. Though the wheel spins, the eagle-eyed can tell where it’s going to stop.
The Empress. Look at her. Those at the top can fall the hardest. Such a shame – to nurture little monsters only to live long enough to watch them kill you. But it’s no less than she deserves.
The Emperor. Authority, paternity… Structures designed to topple, no? How the mighty may fall, and their empires with them. Let them bleed. let them rip each other apart. Let them rot.
Death. Death takes many forms… it could mean change, transition, transformation… often interpreted as a beacon for the hopeful. In your case, it just means death.
The Sun. The vitality of a new day. There’s still time to wake up the warmth of a night survived. Your choices, your actions… Your very life hangs in the balance. It’s up to you to find your path in the darkness, and see the sun rise once again.
Judgement. Judgement day is upon us! That’s what you’d expect from this card, isn’t it? Though perhaps in this case it’s simpler than that. Perhaps one’s own judgement, a snap decision to make, can save them from their own personal day of reckoning. Every step matters, every decision tipping the balance one way or the other. Take your time. Think. And maybe survive.
My poor boy. Do you see what they did to us? How they hurt us? He’s out there still. All alone. Each full moon they hunt him, armed with silver. Trying to put an end to a curse they inflicted upon themselves when they set my show ablaze six years ago. Stupid children. But little Silas. My little white wolf. He must be protected. You must not follow this path. Do you understand? Remember how I’ve helped you all this time.
The High Priestess
Eliza was killed in the fire that broke out at her traveling show six years ago. Her ghost roams the woods of Hackett’s Quarry ever since, and she’s been determined to get revenge on the Hackett family for what they did to her. Her tarot cards, once lost in the blaze, have allowed her to guide you through the night… though her motives may not have been as transparent as first thought.
And there you have it! These are all of The Quarry Tarot card locations and descriptions.
Are you looking for more gaming guides and walkthroughs? Head over to our Guides Section for more.