Valorant patch 6.02 patches networking conditions for bad connections and nerfs the Stinger.
Staying up with the Valorant meta means educating yourself on the latest updates. Here’s what you need to know about the Valorant Patch Notes for February 7, 2023.
Valorant Patch Notes (February 7)
The following changes were made in the Valorant Patch Notes for February 7, 2023:
Latency and Network Updates
Max server rewind has been reduced from 200 ms to 140 ms. Max server rewind helps those with slower internet connections compete in Valorant by rewinding character positions to match the location of where you’re shooting from, even if you have higher latency.
They’ve reduced this value, benefiting those who maintain a lower ping. Now players should be shot behind walls less often after peeking.
The Stinger was deemed too powerful, so the Valorant devs, Riot Games, increased its cost from 950 to 1100 and reduced its medium-long range damage from 25 to 23 when the enemy is over 15m away. Close up, the Stinger should feel the same, but far away and mid-range, the bullets should do less damage, making the save-for-stinger-meta less effective.
Voice Evaluation Beta
Valorant will implement a new Voice Evaluation Beta, which should reduce voice chat toxicity. The Beta will be able to capture accounts that repeatedly offend in games and take the appropriate actions against those people. This addition should generally make the game more friendly, especially to new players.
There were a host of bug fixes in this patch which include the following:
- Potentially fixed bug with KAY/O’s Zero/point (E) not showing the correct enemies that it has suppressed (please let us know if you see further issues here)
- Pathfinding has been improved on Raze’s Boom Bot (C) when chasing an enemy. It can now more consistently jump up small heights and will do so with smoother movement
- Fixed a bug with Boom Bot (C) getting stuck in a wall and rapidly shaking while making a loud noise. It will now bounce off the wall per usual
- Fixed a bug where Yoru’s Fakeout (C) could get stuck in mid-air in various locations
- Fixed bug where Cypher’s Neural Theft (X) would only reveal one time if he had been killed or the round had changed during a previous cast
- Fixed a bug where Cypher’s Neural Theft (X) reveals would be interrupted when he was killed after it had been deployed
- Players will no longer make footstep audio when dropping from the Lotus B site platform to the fountain
- Lotus door volume has been lowered further (we lowered in 6.01 as well) during the rotation phase
- On Lotus, players are next to each other while rotating the door should feel smoother
- On Lotus, fixed an issue where players were spawning on the wrong side of the barrier near C site if standing on rotating door at round end
- On Fracture, fixed a bug where the “Paul Delmann” badge could be stuck on the screen after Buy Phase ends
- Fixed an issue where Frenzy and Bulldog reload audio is quieter than other weapons in third person
- Fixed a bug that caused voice chat to no longer function when disconnected from the internet for less than 60 seconds
- If the internet is disconnected for 60 seconds or less, you will be able to reconnect to voice chat without having to relaunch the game.
Visit the official Valorant Website for the full patch notes.
Stay up-to-date with a wide range of games in our News Section.