As Diablo 3 Season 28 fast approaches, a preview of the upcoming changes are available on the PTR beginning on January 31, 2023. The new season, Rites of Sanctuary, introduces Primordial Ashes to aid adventurers on their quests, a new Seal and Legendary Potion Powers system, a plethora of changes to class skills and items, and some general bug fixes. Below is a recap of the Diablo 3 Season 28 patch notes that are now live on PTR 2.7.5.
It’s worth noting that these changes are live on Patch 2.7.5 PTR as of Tuesday, January 31, which is subject to change in the official Season 28 launch. We’ll revise the post if anything significant changes. Blizzard has yet to announce the official start date for Diablo 3 Season 28.
Diablo 3 Season 28 Patch Notes (PTR 2.7.5)
Here’s what’s new in Diablo 3 for Season 28:
- Seal & Legendary Potion Powers
- Primordial Ashes
- Monk Skill Change
- Item Changes
- Bug Fixes
Seal & Legendary Potion Powers
Season 28 is the Rites of Sanctuary, and adventurers will travel deep into the Festering Woods. Citizens of New Tristram discovered the Altar of Rites, and it’s up to the always-brave Nephalem to investigate.
Players can interact with the Altar of Rites as soon as level one and find a tree of Seals and Legendary Potion Powers. After you unlock the first Seal, you can decide how you want to progress through the tree to unlock additional Seals and obtain powers. As always, you’ll want to decide which ones to get based on your current build and playstyle.
Seals are unlocked by gathering specific materials listed on the Altar of Rites menu and sacrificing them to gain the Seal or Potion’s power. You’ll need to unlock the seals in order based on their positioning on the Altar. There’s no limit to how many you can unlock, so long as you have the materials required to sacrifice. The cost increases after every unlock.
After unlocking all 26 Seals and three Potions, you’ll receive the Wings of Terror Cosmetic (Seal AD).
You can see the full list of Diablo 3 Seal and Legendary Potion Powers here, along with the materials required to unlock them.
Primordial Ashes is a new feature that helps players acquire Primal Items. You can salvage a Primal Item at the Blacksmith for 55 Primordial Ashes. There’s also a new Kanai’s Cube recipe to upgrade non-crafted legendary items to a Primal for 100 Primordial Ashes.
Players can only wear one upgraded Primal Item at a time, and the upgraded items do not retain all the properties from the original Legendary item — it will roll new affixes.
Monk Skill Changes
Here are the new Monk Skill changes:
- Combination Strike Passive Skill: Each Spirit Generator you use increases the damage of your other Spirit Generators by 100% for 10 seconds.
- Crippling Wave Skill: Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Concussion Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave deal 20% less damage for 10 seconds.
- Breaking Wave Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave take 10% additional damage from all attacks for 10 seconds.
- Deadly Reach Skill: Foresight Rune: Every enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 15% for 10 seconds.
- Way of the Hundred Fists:
- Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Horde of the Ninety Savages (6-piece bonus): Frenzy deals 2,000% increased damage per stack.
- Chanonn Bolter: Your Spike Traps lure enemies to them and deal 150-200% increased damage. Enemies may be taunted once every 10 seconds.
- The Demon’s Demise: Each blast from Spike Trap will damage all enemies again after 1 second and deals 150-200% increased damage.
- Natalya’s Slayer: Increases Spike Trap Damage by 10 -15%.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (2-piece bonus): Hitting an enemy summons a Spike Trap if it is on your action bar. Each Spike Trap detonation restores 1 Discipline.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (4-piece bonus): Laying a Spike Trap grants 60% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (6-piece bonus): Spike Traps deal 10,000% increased damage, and each consecutive blast from the detonation chain reaction will deal 10% more damage than the previous blast.
- Trag’oul Coils: Spike Traps gain the Scatter Rune, are deployed twice as fast, and deal 150-200% increased damage.
- Unhallowed Essence (6-piece bonus): Hatred generators, Vengeance attacks, and Multishot deal 1700% increased damage per point of discipline the Demon Hunter currently has.
- Patterns of Justice (6-piece bonus): Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind as well and increases all damage dealt by 20,000
- Raiment of Thousand Storms (4-piece bonus): Dashing Strike spends 25 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival (6-piece bonus): Bone Spear deals 9,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus.
- The Typhon’s Veil (6-piece-bonus): Hydras deal 4,000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
Those are all the Diablo 3 Season 28 Patch Notes for PTR 2.7.5. Looking forward to gathering Primordial Ashes and unlocking Seals? Follow us for more Diablo coverage, walkthroughs, and guides.