Elden Ring Patch 1.08 brings a huge update in the form of an all-new multiplayer game mode, the Colosseum, as well as new PvP updates, balance changes, and bug fixes to make your Elden Ring experience even smoother. Continue reading to learn everything that’s changed in the Elden Ring patch notes for December 7, 2022.
Elden Ring Patch Notes December 7, 2022
The following changes are included in the Elden Ring patch notes:
The biggest change in the new Elden Ring patch is the addition of the Colosseum, which is now playable. Located in Caelid, Limgrave, and Leyndell, each arena comes with its own unique challenges and rules. In the Colosseum, players will face off against one another in one-on-one combat. Two main game modes include:
- United Combat: Team PvP combat, where each death awards a point to the enemy team.
- Combat Ordeal: FFA PvP combat, the one with the most points at the end of time wins.
For competing in the Colosseum, players can unlock 5 new hairstyles. These hairstyles can also be unlocked using the Round Table Hold Clouded Mirror Stand.
PvP Combat Changes
In an effort to balance the PvP in the game, the developers have made the following changes:
- Reduced thrusting weapons counterattack damage.
- Reduced guard efficiency when attacking with your shield up for some weapon types.
- The poise damage of the following weapons have been reduced (Weapon Arts poise damage remains unchanged):
- Straight Swords, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords, Curved Swords, Axes, Spears, Twinblade Swords, Katanas
- Reduced the poise damage of the Incantation Bestial Sling.
- Reduced the power of the Spell Carian Slicer.
The speed, distance, and recovery time for weapons have been tweaked to make a variety of builds and loadouts more balanced. Here are a few highlights:
- Thrusting Swords got a major debuff and now have a slower crouching attack speed and less damage caused by jumping attacks.
- Duel Wielded Daggers, Axes, Hammers, and Flails were buffed for speed, distance, and recovery time.
- Colossal swords got a slight speed boost.
- Pose increased with 2 handed hammers.
- Axe stagger damage for guard counters has been buffed.
The following bug fixes were made to the game:
- Fixed consumable items not replenishing when teleporting.
- Fixed crouch stamina exploit.
- Fixed a bug where Spell, Incantation, and item input actions were ignored while guarding against attacks.
- Fixed incorrect physical attack values of some attacks of the Serpent-Hunter weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the follow-up attack from occurring when the Black Sword Incantation was activated with a Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug where the attack power of the right-hand weapon was sometimes applied when casting the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation with a two-handed Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple damage instances when certain Spells and Incantations were casted while jumping.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weapon Arts to be incorrectly used with specific combinations of weapon and Weapon Arts.
There are far too many changes to post here, so head to the Elden Ring blog if you want to read the complete Patch Notes.
For more news like this, see our News Section.