Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are finally here, and Trainers can dive into the first truly open-world Pokemon game to date. If you’ve been paying attention to the trailers, you’ll know there are a few new Pokemon to catch in Paldea. One of these Pokemon is Charcadet, which can evolve into Armarouge or Ceruledge. It all depends on which version of the game you have. The process for evolving Charcadet is similar for both games, but we wanted to explain how it’s done.
How to Evolve Charcadet
The process of evolving Charcadet differs depending on which version of the game you have. Regardless of whether you have Pokemon Scarlet or Violet, you’ll need to visit the NPC in the center area of the Zapapico (East) Pokemon Center.
In Pokemon Scarlet, you can evolve Charcadet into Armarouge using the Auspicious Armor. The Auspicious Armor is obtained by bringing 10 Bronzor Fragments to the NPC.
In Pokemon Violet, you can evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge using the Malicious Armor. The Malicious Armor is obtained by bringing 10 Sinistea Chips to the NPC.
Evolving Charcadet into Armarouge Pokemon Scarlet
To evolve Charcadet in Pokemon Scarlet:
- Speak with the male NPC in the center area of the Zapapico (East) Pokemon Center.
- Bring him 10 Bronzor Fragments to obtain the Auspicious Armor.
- Use the Auspicious Armor on Charcadet to evolve it into Armarouge.
You can find Bronzor in multiple locations, including the southeast of the West Province (Area Two) and between the East Province (Area Two) and Lavincia.
Evolving Charcadet into Ceruledge Violet
To evolve Charcadet in Pokemon Violet:
- Speak with the female NPC in the center area of the Zapapico (East) Pokemon Center.
- Bring her 10 Sinistea Chips to obtain the Malicious Armor.
- Use the Malicious Armor on Charcadet to evolve it into Ceruledge.
Sinistea is found outside of Alfornada in South Province (Area Six) or in the East Province (Area Three).
That’s everything you need to know to evolve Charcadet into Armarouge and Ceruledge in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet! You can check our Pokemon Section for more guides and walkthroughs for Pokemon SV.