Smalland: Survive the Wilds, the new indie survival game on Steam, released a huge patch entitled Forbidden Monuments. Included in the update are some pretty significant changes, including new areas, mounts, enemies, and a whole new race of Smallfolk to contend with. Keep reading for the full Forbidden Monument patch update details.
Smalland Forbidden Monuments Update Details
The Smalland: Survive the Wilds update occurred on July 20, 2023, and includes the following changes:
- New Biome – The Park
- Malik, The Ornithomancer
- The Blue Tit
- The Stink Bug
- Aetherin Scout
- Aetherin Elite
- Some creatures now come with colour variants
- Bluetit egg
- Stink Gland
- Reishi Mushroom
- Mushroom Leather
- Experience will come from gathering resources, combat, and key narrative completion.
- Higher-tier enemies and resources will grant more experience.
- Folks will have four stats, Strength, Constitution, Dexterity and Endurance.
- You will not be able to level an attribute past your current level.
- Creatures will now spawn into the world at a natural level.
- If tamed, creatures can gain experience by following their master and level up to 10 times. If you find a level 53 creature, you can level it up to level 63 maximum.
- Players can also increase the stats of their creatures, Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, and Endurance.
- Creatures will have varying stats upon spawning in a world, for example, one ladybug may have more health, whereas another will have higher dexterity and move faster.
- The Icarus set
- The Icarus wings with the unique ability to air-dash by pressing sprint while in the air (default keybind)
- New equipment slot – wings, Smallfolk can now put wings on any armour, this also means that all current armour has had the wings removed and they will need to be recrafted
- The Aetherin Hammer
- The Aetherin Greataxe
- The Stink Bomb
- Icarus Arrow
- Children’s Building blocks x 5
- Chess pieces x 12
- Half stairs for all tiers
- 1/3rd height walls for all tiers
- 1/3rd height curved walls for wood, stone and metal tiers
- 1/4th size floor pieces for all tiers
- All mounted creatures can now jump
- All mounted creature can now attack
- Grasshoppers’ jump is now charged
- Ladybug now drops a gravestone on death
- Ladybug continues to act as storage when told to leave the party
- Some weapons have faster attack animations
- New jumping animation
- New running animation
- Poison antidote potion’s animation is faster
There is now a warning when you go out of bounds and are about to be snatched by the eagle.
Those were the patch notes for the Forbidden Monuments update for Smalland: Survive the Wilds. As one of the largest updates for the game ever, we’re excited to hop into the newest version to try out the new content.
For more updates on your favorite games, visit our news section.