Terraria’s Labor of Love update (version 1.4.4) officially launched on September 28, and with it came some new achievements. For those completionists out there, there are 11 new achievements to unlock. We’re here to explain the new Terraria Labor of Love Achievements and how to unlock them.
Terraria Labor of Love Achievements
- An Eye For An Eye: Defeat Deerclops, the chilly one-eyed monstrosity.
- Torch God: Invoke the wrath of the God of Torches, and survived long enough to earn its blessing.
- Feast of Midas: Obtain Golden Delight, the highest quality meal made from the highest quality ingredients.
- Ankhumulation Complete: Obtain the Ankh Shield, the finest protection from unpleasant maladies and ailments.
- Unusual Survival Strategies: Delay death from drowning by drinking water. It doesn’t make much sense, but you did what you had to do.
- Black Mirror: Obtain the Cell Phone. You’ll never leave home without it again.
- A Rare Realm: Some very special seeds can lead to unique and rewarding experiences. Can you find one?
- The Great Slime Mitosis: Find all of the Slime Pets and have them move in!
- A Shimmer In The Dark: Shimmer an item into another item. What other transmutations can you find?
- And Good Riddance!: Purify all Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow from your world, until the Dryad is satisfied.
- To Infinity and Beyond!: Fly a Kwad Racer into outer space.
An Eye For An Eye
Deerclops was added earlier this year during the Don’t Starve crossover. However, there was never an achievement for defeating Deerclops, but now there is, so get to killing! To summon Deerclops, you’ll need the Deer Thing item, crafted at Demon or Crimson Altars, in the Snow Biome. Here’s the recipe to make the Deer Thing:
- 3 Flinx Fur
- 5 Demonite Ore
Torch God is summoned by placing 100 torches underground and standing near them. Survive the Torch God event and consume the Torch God’s Favor to complete the achievement.
Feast of Midas
Next up is the Feast of Midas achievement, given to players who craft the Golden Delight. It’s a consumable potion crafted at the Cooking Pot that requires various Gold Ingredients: Gold Bird, Bunny, Butterfly, Dragonfly, Frog, Goldfish, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Mouse, Seahorse, Squirrel, Water Strider, and Worm.
The last of the crafting achievements is Ankhumulation Complete, which is given to players for crafting an Ankh Shield. Craft the Ankh Shield at the Tinkerer’s Workshop using the Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm.
Unusual Survival Strategies
Unusual Survival Strategies is an interesting Terraria Labor of Love achievement obtained by drinking a water bottle while drowning. We think this achievement is appropriately named, as it’s definitely an unusual one.
Moving on to crafting achievements, Black Mirror is an achievement you can obtain by crafting a cell phone. A cheeky callback to the Netflix series.
A Rare Realm
A Rare Realm achievement is obtained by entering a secret seed world, like “not the bees.” There are a lot of them at this point, and any of them will work for this achievement.
The Great Slime Mitosis
The Great Slime Mitosis is obtained by collecting all eight new Town Slimes. Here’s how to get them all:
- Cool Slime: moves in when there’s an active naturally spawned Party.
- Clumsy Slime: found floating with a balloon near the floating islands in the Space Layer.
- Nerdy Slime: moves in after killing King Slime.
- Surly Slime: found fishing during a Blood Moon.
- Elder Slime: moves in after beating Skeletron and unlocking the Old Shaking Chest in Cavern Layer with a Golden Key.
- Diva Slime: moves in after throwing a Sparkle Slime Balloon into Shimmer.
- Mystic Slime: moves in after using Purification Powder on a Mystic Frog in the Jungle.
- Squire Slime: moves in after dropping a Copper Helmet or Shortsword on a Slime.
A Shimmer In The Dark
A Shimmer In The Dark is an achievement that can be obtained by transmutating an item in the new Shimmer liquid. ChippyGaming on YouTube has a great video discussing the new Shimmer Water.
And Good Riddance!
Good Riddance is one of the more difficult achievements on this list, and you can obtain it by purifying an entire world of Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow. After that’s done, you’ll need to speak with the Dryad NPC about your world.
To Infinity and Beyond!
To obtain the To Infinity and Beyond achievement, you’ll need to purchase the new Kwad Racer from the Cyborg, and fly straight into space.
For more guides, check out our Terraria Section.