The developers of the wildly popular Viking survival game, Valheim, have just hit us with a major update for December 6, 2022. Dubbed the “Mistlands” update, this once under-developed biome is getting a massive facelift by Iron Gate Studio.
The new Mistlands update adds a lot to the biome, including new creatures, crafting materials, food, potions, items, and a big, bad boss you can take on with friends. We have the list of patch notes below, along with a recap of the changes and additions to the game that you can expect.
Warning: Some of these patch notes may contain spoilers for the game.
Valheim Mistlands Update Patch Notes (December 6)
The Valheim patch notes for December 6, 2022, include:
- New Mechanics
- New Creatures and Characters
- Crafting Materials/Crafting Stations
- New Craftable Weapons and Gear
- New Building and Furniture pieces
- New Dungeon
Watch the Valheim Mistlands gameplay trailer here:
There are a few new mechanics that you can use in the Mistlands now. They include:
- Wisplights: These will illuminate your way through the Mistlands.
- Elemental Magic and Blood Magic
- Mistlands mushrooms
- Poultry: Chickens have been added!
- Friendly/unfriendly NPCs
We love raising animals in Valheim, so the concept of another farm animal piqued our interest. We also want to know a bit more about friendly NPCs and if we can invite them to come live with us.
New Creatures and Characters
There were a ton of new creatures added to the patch. Here’s what to expect:
- Seeker Brood
- Seeker Brute
- Hen (and Chick)
- NPC/Enemy: Dvergr (Rogue and Mage)
- NPC: Munin – raven of lore
- Boss: The Queen
The new The Queen Boss is part of the new dungeon and is a giant, monstrous bug that spawns smaller bugs.
Crafting Materials and Crafting Stations
There are a ton of new crafting materials you can use to craft new items, including black marble, Yggdrasil wood, and blood clot–but what’s really interesting are the new workstations which include:
- Black forge
- Black forge extension: Black forge cooler
- Cauldron extension: Mortar and pestle
- Crafting construction: Eitr refinery
- Galdr table
- Galdr table extension: Rune table
- Sap extractor
- Wisp fountain
New Craftable Weapons and Gear
One of the biggest changes is the addition of the new staves which have magical abilities. If you’ve always wanted to be a mage in Valheim, now is your chance.
The new weapons in the Valheim Mistlands update include:
- Arbalest (crossbow – new skill!)
- Carapace arrow
- Carapace spear
- Dead raiser (blood magic – new skill!)
- Demolisher (sledge)
- Himmin afl (atgeir)
- Iron Bolt, Bone Bolt, Black Metal Bolt, Carapace Bolt
- Jotun bane (axe)
- Krom (two-handed sword)
- Mistwalker (sword)
- Skoll and Hati (dual-wielded knives)
- Spine snap (bow)
- Staff of embers (elemental magic – new skill!)
- Staff of frost (elemental magic – new skill!)
- Staff of protection (blood magic – new skill!)
New Building and Furniture pieces
If you’re the type to stay at home and work on the base (we are), then you’ll be excited to learn that you weren’t forgotten in this latest patch.
Here are the new pieces you can use:
- 14 Black marble pieces (1m square block, 2m square block, 2m rectangle, arch, plinth, plinth corner, wide column, small column, floor, triangle floor, cornice, cornice corner, stairs & quarter spire)
- 2 Angled Darkwood beams (26o & 45o)
- 2 Angled Iron beams (26o & 45o)
- 2 Spiral stairs (left & right)
- Dvergr metal wall
- Black marble bench
- Black marble table
- Black marble throne
- Blue jute carpet
- Blue jute curtain
- Blue jute drapes
- Dvergr lantern pole
- Dvergr wall lantern
- Hare rug
- Wisp torch
- Yggdrasil wood
- Black marble
- Dvergr stake wall
- Dvergr sharp stakes
A new Dungeon called Infested Mines has been added to the game. The Infested Mines is a super challenging dungeon where you’ll be swarmed by dozens of gigantic, people-eating bugs.
If you plan on taking on this challenge solo, you need to be super careful so these bugs, the Seekers, don’t totally overrun you.
- Various console command improvements
- Multiple animations have been updated and improved
- Multiple VFX have been updated and improved
- Various other tweaks
There are far too many updates and changes to the Valheim Mistlands update, so check out the official Valheim Blog to see the full patch notes. If you want more valheim, be sure to check out our Valheim section for more news, guides, and walkthroughs.