Escape from Tarkov patch 0.13.0.3 for February 23, 2023, is now implemented across servers. Here’s what you need to know.
There are a lot of mechanics and knowledge players need to know to master Tarkov, and reading up on the latest and greatest patch updates from Escape from Tarkov’s developers, Battlestate Games, will help you gain the edge on the opposition. This month’s patch fixes a ton of bugs and makes some pretty significant updates to the group system in the game.
These patch notes were obtained through various messages on the official Escape from Tarkov Twitter.
Escape from Tarkov Patch Notes (February 23)
The Escape from Tarkov patch update for February 23, 2023, includes the following updates and enhancements:
Major Updates to Group System
There are some major QoL enhancements made to groups, which should make teaming up a lot easier for all involved. The new system allows players to gather in the main menu and use their Stash and Hideout while the Group Leader sets up the raid. In addition, the February 23, 2023 patch made the following changes:
- The group leader now sets raid location, game mode, or time of day, and other members are no longer required to select options.
- Once the raid is ready, group leaders can send a Raid invite, which can be rejected if players aren’t ready.
- Co-op practice mode now supports 20 people groups. After the co-op raid, members stay in the group for up to 5-member teams.
Skill Calculation Tweaks
Players will now correctly receive the skill levels specified in the quest description.
Many bugfixes were implemented in this month’s update, including the following:
- Fixed an issue that caused invisible players and bots in raids.
- Fixed the incorrect operation of some Oculus Audio components that led to incorrect sound positioning, memory leaks, and reduced performance. This is not the final version of the fixes. Work on improving the sound system and adjusting the positioning of sounds in locations will continue in future updates.
- Adjusted the geometrical sound positioning system at The Lab location.
- Fixed an issue that caused the character’s hands to freeze when using medicine and other consumable items.
- Adjusted and optimized the visuals of light sources on the Streets of Tarkov location.
- Fixed the AI behavior issue of Zryachiy and his guards that led to them not attacking hostile players at short distances.
- Fixed the visual clipping of specific chest rigs while using Glock pistols.
- Fixed the incorrect icons for specific weapon attachments and ammo.
- Fixed the incorrect animation of wrist watches on BEAR character models.
- Fixed the possibility of group members spawning in different spawn points in an online mode after playing in Co-op mode.
- Fixed the possibility of Zryachiy still attacking players even with an activated transmitter in some cases.
- Fixed the issue that led to Fence reputation loss for killing Zryachiy and his guards as a Scav.
- Fixed the possibility of killing bots without them returning fire while leaning and shooting from narrow openings or hard-to-see cover.
- Fixed interface elements overlapping when repeatedly switching between the character selection and lobby screens.
- Fixed the issue that led to Error 228 while using the gym in the Hideout.
- Fixed the incorrect airdrop positions on specific locations.
- Fixed the issues that led to hand freezes while using underbarrel grenade launchers.
- Adjusted the Shooting Range gunshot sounds to match the indoor firing sounds.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the currency selection UI in the Flea Market when switching to other screens.
- Fixed the visual artifacts while using NVGs with FSR 2.1 enabled.
- Fixed the order of chambers in the RSh-12 revolver drum.
- Fixed an issue that led to hammer cocking animation playing on dry fire after switching from single action to double action on RSh-12 and Chiappa Rhino revolvers.
- Fixed the missing ergonomics penalty effect of some equipment.
That’s it for the Escape from Tarkov patch notes for February 23. Which change has piqued your interest?
For more news on game updates, follow along in our News Section.