So you’ve mastered farming Chooks in Dinkum and are ready to level up to the next animal in the game. Vombats Joeys, or Wombats, are the next level of farm animal you can obtain in Dinkum. This guide will explain how to get a Vombat or Wombat in Dinkum.
Before you start, create a fenced-in area for your Vombat. Cut down trees to get logs and use the Table Saw to cut planks. You’ll also need Spinifex Resin to complete your fencing. Adult Vombat Joeys are large, so it’s essential to leave them enough space to walk around.
See our complete Animal Farming Guide for an in-depth look at starting a more advanced farm.
How to Get a Vombat (Wombat) in Dinkum
Here’s how to get a Vombat or Wombat in Dinkum:
- Purchase a Handling Licence Level 2 from Fletch for 1,000 Permit Points.
- Build Erwin’s Barn in your town.
- Visit Erwin’s Barn.
- Walk up to the Vombat Joey and hit the E key.
- Buy the Vombat for 15,000 Dinks.
- Right-click the Vombat box to pick it up.
- Left click to release the Vombat in a fenced-in area.
If you don’t yet have Erwin’s Barn Deed as an option with Fletch, you’ll need to improve your relationship with Erwin when he visits your town. Chat with him when he visits, then click the Got a job for me? option. Continue to do jobs for Erwin until his relationship gets high enough with you; then, Erwin’s Barn Deed will become available to you.
Caring for Your Vombat (Wombat) in Dinkum
Here’s how to care and milk your Vombat (Wombat) in Dinkum:
- Buy an Animal Feeder from Erwin for 1,516 Dinks.
- Equip the Animal Feeder to your toolbar and place it in the fenced-in area.
- Fill the Animal Feeder with Animal Food. You can buy food from Erwin or make it in the Grain Mill with 10 Grass Seed.
- Vombats also eat grass, so you can save Animal Food if the ground in your fenced-in area grows grass.
- Build an Animal Stall at the Crafting Table to give your Vombat a place to live.
- Right-click your Vombat to pet it and show it affection.
- Eventually, your Baby Vombat will grow into an Adult Vombat.
- Once it’s an adult, purchase a Milking Bucket from Erwin for 1,600 Dinks.
- Walk up to your Vombat and left-click with the Milking Bucket equipped to receive Milk.
You can then hit the ESC key and click the Animals tab to see your Vombat’s happiness! Don’t worry if the happiness is low at first, your Vombat will become happier as you feed and pet it.
Building an Animal Stall
You’ll need to build an Animal Stall to give your Vombat a place to sleep. Animal Stalls can be built at the Crafting Table.
To build an Animal Stall in Dinkum, you’ll need the following materials:
- Spinifex Tuft x2
- Iron Bar x3
- Hard Wood Plank x8
- Tin Sheet x2
- Nails x8
As adults, Vombat’s produce Milk every day. Milk gives you a +10 health boost and buff and is used in recipes. Eventually once your Vombat gets happier, your milk will upgrade to High Quality Milk.
And there you have it! You should now be able to get a pet Vombat (Wombat) in Dinkum!
You can get Dinkum on Steam.
Need more help with Dinkum? Check out our Dinkum Guides.