In Darkest Dungeon 2, The Leper is a powerful melee tank and damage dealer that can cut through enemy forces.
Leper is a great frontline melee unit that can soak damage and unleash super-high damage to enemies. With a low resistance and self-blinding mechanic, he’s a difficult Hero to master but can be powerful if you play him properly. Here are the best builds for The Leper in Darkest Dungeon 2.
Darkest Dungeon 2 The Leper Builds
The Leper is a powerful frontline melee hero who can deal damage or act as a tank. The two best builds for The Leper include:
We’ll review each of the builds below — their strengths, weaknesses, and how to play them properly.
DPS Leper Build
The Leper DPS build relies on using your DPS frequently while removing the Blind debuff. The ideal setup includes the following:
- Combat Slot: 1
- Path: Tempest
- Skills: Chop, Revenge/Ruin, Reflection, Bash, Solemnity
- Trinkets: Sharpness Charm, Heartseeker, Hierarchy of Sights, Gnarly Knuckles, Cruel Intent, Goading Gargoyle
Revenge enables the Leper to dish out more damage and gives the potential for a crit. It also removes Weaken while giving additional strength. Chop will be your primary damaging move.
While Revenge will deal more immediate damage to enemies, players can also swap out the ability for Ruin to do more damage over time. Use Ruin when going up against bosses, as it’s more effective.
Using this build removes the ability to focus damage on The Leper via Intimidate, so make sure you have another high-armor Hero in your roster.
Tank Leper Build
The Leper Tank build focuses on using Intimidate and Solemnity to soak incoming DMG for your party and heal yourself. The ideal setup includes:
- Combat Slot: 1
- Path: Poet
- Skills: Chop, Withstand, Reflection, Intimidate, Solemnity
- Trinkets: Uncommon Seashell, Appalling Apron, Calibrating Censer, Compass, Goading Gargoyle
The Tempest Path greatly enhances the damage of Chop, but you still have the Blind debuff to contend with. Luckily, Reflection is part of this build, so you can use it every turn if you want a higher chance to hit.
Intimidate is useful to remove negative debuffs and focus the enemy team on The Leper. Solemnity can heal him — but be careful because you can only use it 2 times per battle.
The Leper is still somewhat DPS-focused with this build in some respects, as his base character can deal some of the highest non-crit damage in the game, so remember to balance your playstyle accordingly.
How to Play The Leper
The Leper is a power Hero in Darkest Dungeon 2, capable of dishing out extreme damage while serving as an effective frontline tank. His main downfall is the self-blinding mechanic, so players must learn to mitigate this with his Reflection ability.
The Leper is a pretty decent front-line melee hero you should consider adding to your roster if it’s too squishy for end-game bosses.
More Darkest Dungeon Builds:
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Vestal Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Jester Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Runaway Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Hellion Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Grave Robber Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Highwayman Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Flagellant Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Plague Doctor Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Man-At-Arms Build
Check out our Darkest Dungeon 2 section for more guides like this one.