In Darkest Dungeon 2, The Runaway is a powerful damage dealer that can inflict major Fire damage on enemies.
If you are looking to swap out one of your DPS Heros from your main lineup, you may want to consider The Runaway. She can stack Fire on enemy mobs and is a great backline damage dealer. Here is the best The Runaway build.
Darkest Dungeon 2: The Runaway Build
While The Runaway does have some support and healing abilities, they are best used in the back as a heavy elemental damage dealer. The ideal setup includes the following:
- Combat Slot: 3-4
- Path: Arsonist
- Skills: Firefly, Smokescreen, Controlled Burn, Cauterize, Dragonfly
- Trinkets: Carved Toy, Pile of Ash, Knitted Blanket, Laden Lantern, Tinderbox
Players should keep The Runaway in the back of the line and use Smokescreen to apply a Combo Token so that Firefly deals more fire damage to adjacent monsters. Controlled Burn is another great DoT that will crumble monsters, especially those with a low resistance to Fire.
Finally, Cauterize and Dragonfly help enhance your other damage-dealing abilities. The Arsonist Path enhances all fire damage, making this Runaway build even more powerful.
How to Play The Runaway
Players should keep The Runaway in the backline, dealing DoT and AoE damage to enemies from afar while protecting her with a powerful tank like The Man-At-Arms or The Leper.
If you want to add more elemental damage to your Darkest Dungeon 2 lineup, The Runaway might be the perfect addition to your roster.
More Darkest Dungeon Builds:
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Vestal Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Jester Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Hellion Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Grave Robber Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Highwayman Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Flagellant Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Plague Doctor Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Man-At-Arms Build
- Darkest Dungeon 2 The Leper Build
See our Darkest Dungeon 2 section for more guides like this one.